Thursday, October 10, 2013

nostaglia...the warm fuzzy feelings.

The best description that I have ever heard for nostalgia was from one of my high school teachers. He described nostalgia as "those warm fuzzy feelings." 

This post is all about nostalgia. It makes sense to me because this is #tbt after all.
Oh me oh my. This is me, playing dress up and dancing.
Basically, I still do this, but it's not as cute anymore.

This week I've had lots of different things remind me of my childhood. Some of them have made me smile, some have made me cry, some create those warm fuzzy feelings.

Here we go. This is what has come up in my week.

At work with the kids, I read them the I Love You, Forever. The kids only half listened to me reading to them, because if they were truly paying attention they would have asked me why I was crying. As I sat there reading to them, I remember my mom reading that book to me at night. It is one of my favorite memories.

One of my favorite radio stations to listen to on my way to work is a 90s/early 2000s station. When I got into my car this morning, The Macarena came on. Oh my goodness!! This song will ALWAYS take me back to 1996. I distinctly remember doing the dance with my cousins on a summer night at a family members house. My cousin had the tape playing in her car with all the doors open and the volume all the way up. Good times, good times.

Also at work this week, the kids watched The Aristocats. This movie was often played in my house, and to this day my mom quotes the dogs, Napolean and Lafayette. The whole movie just makes me feel like a child again. 
My sister gave me this black eye. I've always said purple was my color.
All in all, it's been a great week, and I am loving all the nostalgia.

To keep the nostalgia coming, tomorrow, my mom and sisters and I are going on our annual trip to the Apple Orchard. LOVE IT.

No comments: