Monday, June 16, 2014

Update on my life.

Well, it's been a while since my last post...and by a while, I mean months.

I don't think I realized the commitment it took when I started this blog. But, I will not give up on this thing. I will keep on blogging.

For starters,  I will just come on out and say that change is upon us once again. This time around, I do believe and I am doing much better. (Last year prepared me).

The Hubs and I moved to a new town. We have moved to the hopping metropolis of Fort Wayne. The Hubs can't convince me to move out of Indiana, as much as he would like to move home to Chicago.

In addition to the move, the Hubs is now a freelancing artist.

SHAMELESS PLUG, if you are needing any artwork- wedding paper goods (i.e. save the dates, invitations, programs), web design, logo design, t-shirt design, business cards, letterhead, or a really cool one-of-a-kind art piece, contact me now, for I am his unofficial secretary.

Back to the update of my life.

I was a little nervous about moving to a new town. I know no one, here. But, I am loving the city none the less. I have met exactly one friend (I have met other people, but no one I would call a friend. I have had a coffee date with her so I can now officially call her a friend.) The opportunities to meet people have always just been thrown at me, and now that I have to make an effort, I am finding myself energized at the thought of working at it.

I am still trying to decide how to put myself out there. I love to work out so I thought maybe at a gym I could meet some people, however, the budget around here is very tight these days. Then, I thought well maybe I will find myself a Cheers (which for this girl is a coffee house, not a bar), and I still might do this, but again, this girl is on a budget and how would coffee houses like it if I just used their space to hang out and not buy anything. The idea that seems to be the best for me is to volunteer. I know that a quick Google search could show me a ton of volunteer options in Fort Wayne, but if anyone has any suggestions, send them my way.

In addition to moving, I am training for a marathon. Right now, I will say, I am having fun, but I definitely haven't caught the bug and it seems like this marathon might be my first and last. However, I will do an update on this later in the summer when I have more mileage under my belt.

I will leave you with a recent pic of the Hubs and I on a mini vaca to Chicago. Gotta love that city.



No comments: