Saturday, December 21, 2013

you say it's your birthday....it's not mine though...it's my sisters.

So yes, today, is my baby sister's birthday.

It is only a little ironic that I call her my baby sister, for while, yes, she is in fact younger than me, it is only by 22 months.

However, today my younger sister turns 21!

This is her....isn't she beautiful!

Gail and I shared a room from since she was born up until I was 17 and she was 16. 

Oh the memories we have from that shared bedroom. I cannot count the times we would sit up and talk about what would go on at school that day or the boys we had crushes on and so on. 

I admit we often didn't get along growing up. Up we always had each other's back. When we got to high school, our sisterness turned more into friendship.

To this day, I know that Gail is one person I can go to when I am hurting. And even though, she might give me the brutally honest truth and tell me to snap out of it. I appreciate that about her. 

Gail, you are beautiful, lovely,  and honest (or blunt, whichever one you prefer). I am honored to be your sister and friend.

I love you! And have a happy birthday! 

This better describes our relationship. 

No comments: