Thursday, July 11, 2013

routine.





I'm sure that I am not the only one who has such an established routine that at times I wake up and think "Oh, goodie! Another day doing the same thing."

Everyday, I wake up make breakfast, do the dishes, do the laundry, make lunch, run errands, make supper, etc, etc.

Boring. Boring. Boring.

To be honest, I am not a fan of boring.

This morning, when going through my routine, I had time to think and had a realization.

For many months, I have been desperate for a normal routine without stress and deadlines. Finally, I have such routine.
Yet, I'm not satisfied.

I realized that while I am enjoying this time of no stress, I have become so accustomed to a busy life of stress that now I don't know how to enjoy a simpler life.

I was raised to live a simple life, to enjoy the small things, to literally stop and smell the roses.

When I say literally, I mean literally, my mom and to this day will be walking on the sidewalk and pass by flowers and we will stop walking, stop talking and just smell the flowers.

Yet, in four short years, my upbringing of living a simpler has become slanted. The fast-paced day-to-day activities of an undergraduate had consumed my life for four years, has affected me more than I realized...until today.

While, my routine does need some shaking up and I need to get more time with people.

I also need to be thankful for the simpler things in life.

The small things.

A regular routine.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

love your new header! so cute!! can't wait to catch up with you in the fall!