Wednesday, June 26, 2013

canvas art.

Hello, all!

I'm so sorry for the long break. I was off getting MARRIED!!

Heck yes, I am a married lady. I love it!!

To say the least, I have been very busy. So much has been happening that I can't process it all, and pictures will come later of the wedding, but as of right now, I will show you what I have been up to today.





I will walk you through step by step, how I made this. It's super simple and doesn't take much time. 

Step 1: Choose your design. I love my home state, and I love this verse. It's from Joshua 24:15. My mom has had this verse up somewhere in her house since I was a little girl, and I wanted one for my house. I wanted to combine the verse and my home state. Then I sketched it out on paper so I had a reference to put on my canvas. 




Step 2: Paint the canvas. My piece of advice for this is to use LOTS of paint. Just squirt the paint right onto the canvas and take a sponge brush to even it out. Canvas paint can be found at Walmart, Hobby Lobby or any other craft store.

The paint brush that is shown here is not the best kind of brush to get the paint spread even. I really like the sponge brushes, they don't leave brush strokes. The paint will take an hour or two to dry. So you could do this step first if you would like.


Step 3: Cut out the design of your shape. My shape being the state of Indiana.


Step 4: Trace the outline of your shape with puff paint. I happened to use fabric paint, but it works just as well. My advice for this is to get puff paint with a thin tip. This helps keep lines thin.


Step 5: Draw your design onto the canvas. I just sketched my design on with a pencil. I used guidelines and then drew my words on to the canvas. I erased the guidelines so that I didn't have to erase them after the puff paint had been drawn on to the canvas.


Step 6: Write your words with the puff paint. Tip- go slow! Let paint dry completely after one word if you are afraid you will smudge.


This is my finished product. It's super fun and will look great in my living room. Hopefully it will be put up soon!

If you have any questions about the canvas art or if you need some help, just email me! 




No comments: